Android Pro & Con
side project to Smart Presentation
- Iulia Moscalenco
- Miruna Popescu
- Prof. Adina Magda Florea, PhD @aimas
- Andrei Olaru, PhD, TA @aimas
Alice, Celia, Ben and Emily have just watched a scientific presentation given by Dan for the AI course, about his research approach. Now their task is to discuss it. Alice and Ben join the “Pro” group, and have to underline the positive points of Dan’s research approach. Celia and Emily form the “Con” group, and will try to find disadvantages and weak points in his approach. The Pro and Con groups each use a wall display to organize their opinions. Each member of the group enters his opinion on his smartphone, and the opinion is automatically displayed on the wall display. After each group has refined their comments, on member of each group goes to discuss with the remaining member of the other group. Now next to each wall display there are one member of the Pro group and one of the Con group. Their opinions are automatically gathered and displayed on the Wall display.
Features and Implementation details
- The application will be built upon a previously-developed multi-agent system based platform for Ambient Intelligence applications, called tATAmI. This platform uses a simple agent-oriented programming language, which features constructs that focuses on agent-specific operations. The language is called S-CLAIM. The platform uses the FIPA-ACL protocol for communication and is interoperable with other types of agents, as well as with web services.
- The application needs to pe ported to the Android platform, in order to allow the deplyment of S-CLAIM agents on Android.
- The application uses a distributed architecture: the users' opinions are not stored on a centralized server, but are carried around by agents representing the users.