Project Number: 66 from 01/11/2021(PN-III-P3-3.6-H2020-2020-0186)
ALAMEDA - Bridging the Early Diagnosis and Treatment Gap of Brain Diseases via Smart, Connected, Proactive and Evidence-based Technological Interventions
Deployment Period: 01.11.2021 – 31.12.2023
In healthcare, the cost of treating brain disorders accounts for a significant percentage of total treatment costs. In Europe, the budget for treating brain disorders alone far surpasses the combined budget for other diseases. Utilising cutting-edge AI, the EU-funded ALAMEDA project could greatly reduce the cost of treating these conditions by enabling personalised care and improved treatments for major brain disorders. The goal is to demonstrate AI-enabled prediction, prevention and intervention, making the treatment of disorders such as Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and strokes more affordable and easing the burden on healthcare systems across Europe.
Funding Unit at National level: UEFISCDI
- Definition and development of the ALAMEDA digital strategy;
- Developing the means to collect and interpret data that characterize lifestyle aspects;
- Developing the conversational agent application to collect and quantify data about emotional well-being and perception of social support;
- Contributions to the development of data-based algorithms for deep learning based on early diagnosis of brain diseases.
Designing the ALAMEDA digital strategy
- Stage 1 results
Design report for the digital strategy ALAMEDA.
Design and optimization of ALAMEDA system components. Analysis of existing data sets and their extension with own data
- Stage 2 results
Implementation report for the developed components, the obtained performances, the description of the data sets created.
Testing of the developed components
- Stage 3 results
Report of the obtained performances.
- the solution of the ALAMEDA strategy;
- application for collecting and interpreting data that characterize lifestyle aspects;
- conversational agent to collect and quantify data on emotional well-being and perception of social support;
- application based on deep learning to make early diagnosis of brain diseases.