Researcher at the Department of Computer Science
- Ambient Intelligence
- Context Modelling and Context-Aware Computing
- Semantic Complex Event Processing
- Activity Recognition
- Multi-Agent Systems and Multi-Agent Oriented Programming
Teaching Assistant for the following Courses:
- Artificial Intelligence (4th year Bachelor course)
- Machine Learning (4th year Bachelor course)
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (1st year Master in Artificial Intelligence course)
- Multi-Agent Systems (1st year Master in Artificial Intelligence course)
Degrees and Experience
- 2015: Joint PhD Degree in Computer Science from University Politehnica of Bucharest and Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne
- Thesis subject: Multi-Agent Based Context Management Middleware In Support of Ambient Intelligence Applications.
- The goal of the thesis is the implementation of a middleware which allows to design and program context-aware ambient intelligence applications. Focus of the middleware lies on expressiveness in modeling and reasoning, as well as flexibility in configuration and deployment. The developed system employs techniques stemming from the semantic web and multi-agent systems domains.
- 2011: M.Sc. Degree in Artificial Intelligence, University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Thesis subject: Agile Governance in an Ambient Intelligence Environment.
- Development of a mechanism for coordinated and adaptive behavior of multi-agent organizations managing an ambient intelligence environment. Integration of the mechanism within the JaCaMo multi-agent oriented programming framework.
- 2009: B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Technical coordinator in the CAMI and CONSERT research projects
- Member of the Romanian Association for Artificial Intelligence (ARIA) since 2012
- Coordinating member of the ARIA projects implementation team since 2015
- Member in the organizing committee of the AI-MAS Winter Olympics 2012 and 2013 events
- A. Kunnappilly, A. Sorici, I. A. Awada, I. Mocanu, C. Seceleanu, A. M. Florea. A Novel Integrated Architecture for Ambient Assisted Living Systems, 41st IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications, Turin, Italy, IEEE, p.465-472, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/COMPSAC.2017.28.
- A. Sorici, I. A. Awada, A. Kunnappilly, I. Mocanu, O. Cramariuc, L. Malicki, C. Seceleanu, A. M. Florea. CAMI-An Integrated Architecture Solution for Improving Quality of Life of the Elderly. 3rd EAI International Conference on IoT Technologies for HealthCare (Healthy IoT), Västerås, Sweden, Springer, Cham, p.141-144, 2016.
- A. Sorici, G. Picardb, O. Boissier, A. Zimmermann, A. M. Florea. CONSERT : Applying Semantic Web Technologies to Context Modeling in Ambient Intelligence. Computers & Electrical Engineering, Springer, Vol. 44, p.280-306, 2015.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, O. Boissier, A. M. Florea. Multi-Agent Based Flexible Deployment of Context Management in AmI Applications. Advances in Practical Applications of Agents, Multi-Agent Systems, and Sustainability: The PAAMS Collection, Vol. 9086, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer International Publishing, p. 225-239, 2015.
- A. Sorici, O. Boissier, G. Picard, A. M. Florea. Multi-Agent based Context Provisioning Deployment in AmI Applications. 13th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (PAAMS’15), Jun 2015, Salamanca, Spain. Springer International Publishing, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Vol. 9086, p.225-239, 2015.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, A. M. Florea. Multi-Agent Based Context Management in AmI Applications, AgTAmI: International Workshop on Agent Technology for Ambient Intelligence, in conjunction with CSCS 20, 27-29 May 2015, Bucharest, IEEE, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/CSCS.2015.65.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, O. Boissier, A .M. Florea. Gestionnaire multi-agent de contexte pour les applications d’intelligence ambiante. 23es Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’15), Jun 2015, Rennes, France. Cépaduès, 2015.
- A. Sorici, O. Boissier, G. Picard, A. Zimmermann. Applying Semantic Web Technologies to Context Modeling in Ambient Intelligence. 3rd International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware (PerCAM 2013) in conjunction with Fourth International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2013), Dublin, Irlanda, 3-5 Dec. 2013.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, O. Boissier, A. Santi, J. F. Hübner. Multi-agent oriented reorganisation within the jacamo infrastructure. In Proceedings of The Third International Workshop on Infrastructures and tools for multiagent systems: ITMAS, 135-148, June 2012.
- Alexandru Sorici, Olivier Boissier, Gauthier Picard, Andrea Santi. Exploiting the JaCaMo Framework for Realising an Adaptive Room Governance Application. SPLASH ’11 Workshops Proceedings of the compilation of the co-located workshops on DSM’11, TMC’11, AGERE!’11, AOOPES’11, NEAT’11, & VMIL’11, Portland, USA, 24 Octombrie, 2011, 239-242.
- A. Sorici, O. Boissier, G. Picard, A.M. Florea. Policy-based Adaptation of Context Provisioning in AmI, Ambient Intelligence – Software and Applications, Vol. 376 of the series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Springer, pp 33-43, 2015.
- Alexandru Sorici – Multi-Agent Based Context Management Middleware in Support of Ambient Intelligence Applications, Ph.D. Thesis, 2015.
Last updated February 2018