Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science
- Ambient Intelligence
- Context Modelling and Context-Aware Computing
- Semantic Complex Event Processing
- Activity Recognition
- Multi-Agent Systems and Multi-Agent Oriented Programming
Teaching Assistant for the following Courses:
- Artificial Intelligence (4th year Bachelor course)
- Machine Learning (4th year Bachelor course)
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (1st year Master in Artificial Intelligence course)
- Multi-Agent Systems (1st year Master in Artificial Intelligence course)
Degrees and Experience
- 2015: Joint PhD Degree in Computer Science from University Politehnica of Bucharest and Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne
- Thesis subject: Multi-Agent Based Context Management Middleware In Support of Ambient Intelligence Applications.
- The goal of the thesis is the implementation of a middleware which allows to design and program context-aware ambient intelligence applications. Focus of the middleware lies on expressiveness in modeling and reasoning, as well as flexibility in configuration and deployment. The developed system employs techniques stemming from the semantic web and multi-agent systems domains.
- 2011: M.Sc. Degree in Artificial Intelligence, University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Thesis subject: Agile Governance in an Ambient Intelligence Environment.
- Development of a mechanism for coordinated and adaptive behavior of multi-agent organizations managing an ambient intelligence environment. Integration of the mechanism within the JaCaMo multi-agent oriented programming framework.
- 2009: B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Technical coordinator in the CAMI and CONSERT research projects
- Member of the Romanian Association for Artificial Intelligence (ARIA) since 2012
- Coordinating member of the ARIA projects implementation team since 2015
- Member in the organizing committee of the AI-MAS Winter Olympics 2012 and 2013 events
- B. Hoteit, A. Sorici, A.M. Florea, A. Abdallah. CDDS Mechanism for Data Transmission of a Social Assistive Robot. Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED), Valencia, Spain, pp. 8217-8222, DOI: 10.21125/inted.2020.2242, ISSN: 2340-1079, 2020.
- B. Hoteit, A. Sorici, A.M. Florea, A. Abdallah. Component-Based System Architecture for a Social Service Robot. Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED), Valencia, Spain, pp. 8223-8231, DOI: 10.21125/inted.2020.2244, ISSN: 2340-1079, 2020.
- A. Sorici, A. Olaru, A.M. Florea. Towards Enabling Internet-Scale Context-as-a-Service. The 2019 World Wide Web Conference, San Francisco, USA — May 13 – 17, p.668-671, ACM-DL, 2019.
- A.F. Gavril, A.Ș. Ghiță, A. Sorici, A.M. Florea. Towards a Modular Framework for Human-Robot Interaction and Collaboration. 22nd Int. Conf. on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, IEEE, p.667-674, 2019.
- D.T. Iancu, A. Sorici, A,M. Florea. Object detection in autonomous driving – from large to small datasets. ECAI 2019. International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence, 27 June-29 June, Pitesti, Romania, IEEE, 2019.
- A. Mihalea, R. Samoilescu, A. Nica, M. Trascau, A. Sorici, A.M. Florea. End-to-end models for self-driving cars on UPB campus roads. IEEE 15th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP 2019), September 5 – 7, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, IEEE, 2019.
- M. Nan, A.Ș. Ghiță, A.F. Gavril, M. Trăscău, A. Sorici, B. Cramariuc, A.M. Florea. Human Action Recognition for Social Robots. 22nd Int. Conf. on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, IEEE, p. 675 – 681, 2019.
- A.C. Nica, M. Trăscău, A.A. Rotaru, C. Andreescu, A. Sorici, V. Bacue, A.M. Florea. Collecting and processing a self-driving dataset in the UPB campus. 22nd Int. Conf. on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, IEEE, p.202–209, 2019.
- A. Olaru, A. Sorici, A.M. Florea. A Flexible and Lightweight Agent Deployment Architecture. 22nd Int. Conf. on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, IEEE, p.251-258, 2019.
- A. Sorici, A. Olaru, S. Flonta, S. Enyedi, A.M. Florea. Towards Enabling Context-as-a-Service for Social Assistive Robotics. 22nd Int. Conf. on Control Systems and Computer Science, Bucharest, Romania, IEEE, p.228-235, 2019.
- A.S. Ghiţă, M.S. Barbu, A. F. Gavril, M. Trăscău, A. Sorici, A. M. Florea. User Detection, Tracking and Recognition in Robot Assistive Care Scenarios. The Annual Conference Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems (TAROS), pp. 271-283. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- M. Trascau, A. Sorici, A. M. Florea. Detecting Activities of Daily Living using the CONSERT Engine. The 9th International Symposium on Ambient Intelligence (IsAmI 2018), Toledo, Spain. In Ambient Intelligence – Software and Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series, Springer, p.94-102, 2018.
- A. Kunnappilly, A. Sorici, I. A. Awada, I. Mocanu, C. Seceleanu, A. M. Florea. A Novel Integrated Architecture for Ambient Assisted Living Systems, 41st IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications, Turin, Italy, IEEE, p.465-472, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/COMPSAC.2017.28.
- A. Sorici, I. A. Awada, A. Kunnappilly, I. Mocanu, O. Cramariuc, L. Malicki, C. Seceleanu, A. M. Florea. CAMI-An Integrated Architecture Solution for Improving Quality of Life of the Elderly. 3rd EAI International Conference on IoT Technologies for HealthCare (Healthy IoT), Västerås, Sweden, Springer, Cham, p.141-144, 2016.
- A. Sorici, G. Picardb, O. Boissier, A. Zimmermann, A. M. Florea. CONSERT : Applying Semantic Web Technologies to Context Modeling in Ambient Intelligence. Computers & Electrical Engineering, Springer, Vol. 44, p.280-306, 2015.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, O. Boissier, A. M. Florea. Multi-Agent Based Flexible Deployment of Context Management in AmI Applications. Advances in Practical Applications of Agents, Multi-Agent Systems, and Sustainability: The PAAMS Collection, Vol. 9086, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer International Publishing, p. 225-239, 2015.
- A. Sorici, O. Boissier, G. Picard, A. M. Florea. Multi-Agent based Context Provisioning Deployment in AmI Applications. 13th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (PAAMS’15), Jun 2015, Salamanca, Spain. Springer International Publishing, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Vol. 9086, p.225-239, 2015.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, A. M. Florea. Multi-Agent Based Context Management in AmI Applications, AgTAmI: International Workshop on Agent Technology for Ambient Intelligence, in conjunction with CSCS 20, 27-29 May 2015, Bucharest, IEEE, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/CSCS.2015.65.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, O. Boissier, A .M. Florea. Gestionnaire multi-agent de contexte pour les applications d’intelligence ambiante. 23es Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’15), Jun 2015, Rennes, France. Cépaduès, 2015.
- A. Sorici, O. Boissier, G. Picard, A. Zimmermann. Applying Semantic Web Technologies to Context Modeling in Ambient Intelligence. 3rd International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware (PerCAM 2013) in conjunction with Fourth International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2013), Dublin, Irlanda, 3-5 Dec. 2013.
- A. Sorici, G. Picard, O. Boissier, A. Santi, J. F. Hübner. Multi-agent oriented reorganisation within the jacamo infrastructure. In Proceedings of The Third International Workshop on Infrastructures and tools for multiagent systems: ITMAS, 135-148, June 2012.
- Alexandru Sorici, Olivier Boissier, Gauthier Picard, Andrea Santi. Exploiting the JaCaMo Framework for Realising an Adaptive Room Governance Application. SPLASH ’11 Workshops Proceedings of the compilation of the co-located workshops on DSM’11, TMC’11, AGERE!’11, AOOPES’11, NEAT’11, & VMIL’11, Portland, USA, 24 Octombrie, 2011, 239-242.
- I.A. Awada, I. Mocanu, A. Sorici, A.M. Florea. An Integrated System for Improved Assisted Living of Elderly People. H. Costin, B. Schuller, A.M. Florea (eds) Recent Advances in Intelligent Assistive Technologies: Paradigms and Applications, Intelligent Systems Reference Library Vol. 170, pp. 111-141, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-30817-9_5, ISBN: 978-3-030-30817-9, Springer, 2020.
- A. Sorici, O. Boissier, G. Picard, A.M. Florea. Policy-based Adaptation of Context Provisioning in AmI, Ambient Intelligence – Software and Applications, Vol. 376 of the series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Springer, pp 33-43, 2015.
- Alexandru Sorici – Multi-Agent Based Context Management Middleware in Support of Ambient Intelligence Applications, Ph.D. Thesis, 2015.
Last updated December 2018